Skip to main content


Veterans Assistance

It can often be difficult to navigate our federal bureaucracy. As your Representative, my offices are here to help you obtain the answers you need from the VA or other federal agency. My district offices can help ensure you receive reliable information, proper forms, and cut through government red tape. While we cannot guarantee you a favorable outcome, my offices will do their best to help you receive a fair and timely response.

Here are some issues my office can assist you with:

  • Problems with the VA
  • Disability Compensation
  • G.I. Benefits
  • VA Health Benefits
  • Pensions
  • Burials and Memorials
  • Obtaining Your Medals

Authorization Form

Residents of the 35th Congressional District of Texas can contact me for assistance in dealing with federal agencies. Please fill out this PDF then print, sign, and send the document to:

Attn: Constituent Services Staff
Congressman Lloyd Doggett
217 West Travis St.
San Antonio, TX 78205

Attn: Constituent Services Staff
Congressman Lloyd Doggett
300 E. 8th St. Suite 763
Austin, TX 78701

Or scan and email the form to: and use the headline “Constituent Services Request”

Answers to Frequently Asked Questions From Veterans

Q. What can I do if I don't receive my monthly benefit check?
A. Call the VA toll-free, 1 (800) 827-1000. If that doesn't produce a prompt answer, call either my San Antonio office at (210) 704-1080 or my Austin office at (512) 916-5921 for assistance. In some instances, you may need to submit a written statement explaining that you didn't receive your check before the VA will issue a replacement check.

Q. Am I eligible to receive medical care at a VA facility if I did not get injured or ill while on active duty?
A. You may be eligible. Eligibility for VA medical care falls into two categories: mandatory and discretionary. Veterans in the "mandatory" category are those with either a service-connected medical condition or whose incomes meet certain requirements. Veterans with non-service-connected conditions may receive VA medical care on a "discretionary" basis, depending on available resources. To determine your eligibility, contact a Health Benefits Advisor at one of the centers listed below.

Q. I'm scheduled to close on a house soon and haven't heard if my VA loan has been approved. What should I do?
A. Call the VA toll-free, 1 (800) 827-1000, and if you don't get a quick response, call my San Antonio office at (210) 704-1080 or my Austin office at (512) 916-5921. You must have the following information: your VA loan number, property address, and Social Security number. Neither my office nor the VA can offer assistance without this information. While we can't guarantee that your application will be approved, we may be able to help you get the information necessary to resolve any pending problems.

Q. Where are the VA medical facilities servicing Central Texas?
A. Following is a list of VA medical facilities servicing Central Texas. For more information regarding VA benefits, including pension and compensation, education, home loans, and vocational rehabilitation can be found at the agency website.

South Texas Veterans Health Care System
Audie Murphy Center
7400 Merton Minter
San Antonio, TX 78229
Phone: (210) 617-5300

Temple VA Medical Center
Olin E. Teague Veterans' Center
1901 Veterans Memorial Drive
Temple, TX 76504
Phone: (254) 778-4811 or 1 (800) 423-2111

Waco VA Medical Center
4800 Memorial Drive
Waco, TX 76711
Phone: (254) 752-6581 or 1 (800) 423-2111

VA Outpatient Services
Austin Outpatient Clinic
Austin, TX 78744
Phone: (512) 823-4000

Frank M. Tejeda Outpatient Clinic
5788 Eckhert Road
San Antonio, TX 78240
Phone: (210) 699-2100

San Antonio Dental Clinic
8410 Data Point
San Antonio, TX 78229
Phone: (210) 949-8900